Join Santa and his elves at The Royal Mint Christmas Experience as they get ready for the busiest night of the year! Take a tour of our festive factory, where the shiny coins you might find in your stockings and Christmas puddings are made. Discover the story behind some of our favourite Christmas traditions, send your letter to Santa in our special postbox and meet Santa at the end of your tour, where all children will be given a beautifully made gift to take home.
The Royal Mint Christmas Experience runs every day from Friday, 19 November 2021 to Friday, 24 December 2021 and tickets cost £15 for adults and children, including a hot drink and a festive treat for adults and a gift for children (babies and toddlers under 18 months go free).
The Royal Mint Christmas Experience includes the following:
PLAN YOUR VISIT
The Royal Mint Christmas Experience runs every day from Friday, 19 November 2021 to Friday, 24 December 2021. Tours take place every half an hour, as follows:
Monday–Friday: first tour 10:30am; last tour 7pm
Saturday–Sunday: first tour 9am; last tour 5:30pm
Conveniently located just four miles from Junction 34 of the M4, The Royal Mint Experience is just 20 minutes away from Wales’ capital city, Cardiff. Easy to get to and simple for visitors to find, our exhibition also has on-site visitor parking clearly signposted upon arrival. Best of all, our car park is free, suitable for both cars and coaches, and is also easily accessible for wheelchair users.
If you’re using a Sat Nav or a GPS navigation device, the postcode is CF72 8YT.
- Exit junction 34 of the M4, take the exit signposted to Llantrisant
- Follow the road through two sets of traffic lights and continue to the first roundabout
- At the first roundabout, take the second exit and continue through two sets of traffic lights to the second roundabout
- At the second roundabout, take the second exit
- Continue to the next roundabout, taking the fourth exit
- Continue straight on and take the third left to arrive in The Royal Mint Experience car park
By bus and train
The closest train station to The Royal Mint is Pontyclun which is approximately four miles from The Royal Mint Experience. There are frequent train connections to Cardiff Central but we advise booking a local taxi firm from Pontyclun to complete your journey. We can provide local taxi firms; please call 0333 241 2223 for assistance.
The closest bus stops are:
- To/from Pontypridd: Parc Busnes Edwards (4 minute walk from us)
- To/from Cardiff: Ely Valley Road, Ynysymaerdy Industrial Estate (12 minute walk from us)
To plan your route in advance, visit www.traveline.cymru or call Traveline Cymru on 0300 200 2233 for assistance.